Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ortega Update!

I know, I know! I haven't blogged in almost 3 months! Quite frankly, my life is so routine and monotonous, there really isn't anything to blog about. Although I did have my birthday on March 3rd and that was fantastic! Of course, my students were thrilled that teachers have birthdays and decided to bring me flowers, candy, cards, and all sorts of stuff they found at home. It was great! Ha ha! :) I told them the best gift they could give me was to pay attention and do their best that day. But of course, we still had a few students who took a trip to "La La Land". (That's what I call it when they aren't paying attention. I tell them they don't have an invitation to "La La Land" and shouldn't be expecting one anytime soon so they need to pay attention.) Then, unexpectedly in the middle of the day, I receive this...


This totally beats a bouquet of roses out of the water! It looks pretty and better yet, you can eat it! Plus, they don't die and you don't have to put them in water. Of course my students start with the "Oooh! Mrs. Ortega!" Some asked me if it is from my boyfriend (silly kids have met Sean and know that I am married)! They always ask me if I have kids too. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have kids last month, I don't have kids this month. I know it is hard to comprehend that I have been married for almost 3 years and don't have kids. (Most of their parents have tons of kids and aren't married so imagine how hard it is for them to comprehend the fact that I don't have kids.)
Right now our life is pretty much the same! Life is good and we are staying busy. I am almost done with my first year of teaching! It seems like only yesterday I was crying during the first week of school because I was an emotional wreck. (Well, I am still an emotional wreck, but at least I am not crying over teaching. I just cry over different things like Extreme Makeover Home Edition and A Baby Story. ha ha!)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Staci I am so happy that you posted! Your students are so funny! That's funny that you tell them that they are in "La, la Land"! I can't believe you have been a teacher for a year! I am sure you are the best teacher ever! I miss hanging out with you in class! It is amazing how time flies! Good job to Sean for the strawberry bouquet! Looks yummy!

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

Wow I have been waiting for a new post forever! ha not that I don't love your Christmas update but its about time! Im glad you had a good birthday! Tell seany hi. We need to hang out again soon!