Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Major Update!

So, my life has been pretty hectic these past couple of weeks so I haven't had time to update my blog. Hopefully I don't end up like one of those people who don't update their blogs for months, but this next year will be CrAzY!!! It will be my first year of teaching and I am way excited! At the same time, I am way scared because I feel overwhelmed with tons of stuff to do and no time to do it. I will be teaching 3rd grade. I kind of don't want to reveal too much info about where I will be because I don't want any scary dudes reading this and stocking me or my students...so we'll leave it at that!


rEcAp-- Earlier this month, Sean and I went to Flagstaff with his family and stayed at a condo/resort place. It was really nice and sooooo relaxing. Here are a few pictures from the trip.













I am seriously not much of a picture taker! When I do take pictures, there are rarely any that I can stand to look at! So, I have to close my eyes and pick a few.

Next, Sean celebrated his 24th birthday last week! We didn't take any pictures because (once again) I am so bad with taking pictures. Maybe once we have kids I will get better. It's just no fun taking pictures of myself. It's crazy that he is already 24! It seems like just yesterday I met him right before my sophomore year and he was 17 going into his junior year. Time is flying!


Last but not least, I got the keys to my classroom last Wednesday and I have been going crazy setting up bulletin boards, arranging desks, laminating stuff, ...did I mention going crazy? It's amazing how many things you have to do in order to get ready for school! I just started my new teacher training today and I have an overload of information in my brain. Oh and also, my whole 3rd grade team consists of brand new teachers! So, if anyone has helpful hints, I would love to hear them! :)
That is pretty much the update I have. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of my classroom when it is all done and completed! It's almost there. The school is giving me a P.O. for $200 to spend at Lakeshore so I can't wait to get the last little bit!

5 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Satci! I can't believe you're already a REAL teacher! Remember when we were the aids(?) in Mrs. Salas' class? That was so fun, and now look at you- your very OWN classroom! Way to be an achiever.

mollie said...

How exciting to teach your own class! You'll be great!

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting the keys to your classroom! I have always thought that would be so much fun to decorate a classroom! A lot of work though! How fun! You will have to post pictures once it is done! Good luck!

Amber said...

Congrats! You will be a great teacher! Miss you guys!

r+s+a laney said...

YAH!!!!! guess what, we are moving home next week! finally.