The pictures aren't the best, but you get the idea. I made the first one for a co-worker for her birthday and since have gotten orders from other people at my work. Not my intention, but I might as well make a little money doing it! :) They are very easy to make and really didn't take that long.
- sheet metal (I purchased a large sheet at Lowe's and cut it to the size I needed. Definitely wear gloves and get really really sharp scissors.)
- Material of your choice
- frame (I found a cheap frame at Walmart and spray painted it the color that I wanted.)
- Cut the metal to fit the frame. (Be careful! The metal is sharp when cut!)
- Cover metal with fabric. Glue gun the sides of the fabric on the back of the metal to keep it in place.
- Position in the frame and close the back. (If your frame doesn't have a back to it, just glue it into the frame)
- Add any embellishments to the front, if wanted.
...And...there you go! It's really simple. Of course I had to make matching magnets, but I can post those later.