Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Not Quite Sure How to Explain That...

With AIMS over and nothing to do, I thought "Hey! Let's actually teach some science that we never have time to do!" So, I pull out a science kit on nature. We planted seeds on Day 1 and on Day 2, we were talking about the life cycle of plants. The second I started talking about the life cycle of plants, all of my students started shouting out, "Oh! We did the life cycle of butterflies last year! We had our own butterflies and we let them go!" Let me tell you, they were thrilled out of their minds to discuss the life cycle of plants. (To be honest, I didn't know what the heck I was talking about! Luckily, Mesa puts together these nifty little kits filled with everything you need to say and do!) After all the shouting and excitement was over, I had one little, cute girl (the kind of girl that you just want to squeeze her cheeks!) say, "Mrs. Ortega, my butterflies always stuck together." If any of you have seen such a sight, I am sure you understand what is going on.

Yeah...about that...not quite sure how to explain that to an 8 year old.
Can you tell I enjoy my job? :)

0 comments: